Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FBI Clearance and Apostille

I wanted to make a few posts about what we had to do to get Alyssa ready to go. The moms on the Missionary Mom email group were so helpful to me that I wanted keep track of some information that I think may come in very handy for others one day down the road. The first being the FBI Clearance and the Apostille.

This is a 3 step process. First you have to apply for FBI clearance. (Directions on what to send came to us in the mail separate from her mission call.) I sent Alyssa's Application to the Criminal Justice Division via Fed Ex on April 15, 2013. I did include a return fed-ex slip however they didn't use it. It came back regular mail to me on May 22nd. That part took 37 days.

Once I had the FBI Clearance (it was just a piece of paper with a blue hue to it that said she was clear) I sent that and the other required items (came in the same letter with instructions to obtain FBI Clearance) to the State Department. I also sent this via Fed-ex. That was on May 22nd and the Apostille came back in the mail to me on May 31st. That part took 9 days.

The last part was sending the Apostille and FBI Clearance to the Church Travel Dept. I assume they got it because about 2 or 3 weeks later we received a "subject to change travel itinerary".
Her call said she reports to the Mexico MTC on Wed., August 7, 2013 but the travel itinerary has her leaving the Salt Lake airport at 8:30 AM on Tuesday, August 6, 2013. As of the date of this post (July 16, 2013) we still have not received her final travel itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment