Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Summer in Panamá


Hi everyone,

I hope your Thanksgiving was great and for those in Utah, that you survived all the snow yesterday. We had 8-10 inches at my house. Christmas is rapidly approaching and I know Alyssa would love to hear from you all. I have listed her address below and also Dearelder.com is a great option as it is free to Panama J  Missionaries LOVE letters and cards!

Hermana Alyssa Wandell
Misión Panamá
Carrasquilla
Entrega General 0834
Panamá, Republica de Panamá 

Hannah, Hermana Wandell and Maia
 
Hermana Wandell and  Maia

Hi we are at the church using the computer because we have an activity that was supposed to start at 9 but because everyone here runs on Panama Mormon Standard time it won’t start for a while.

Anywho.. mis notes. 

In December we are going to have 130 Elders and wait for it... 160 Hermanas!! First mission in the world with more sisters than elders! 
 
Alyssa, Stick Abby and Hermana Chavez
  
So we have these little card things that we give to people that have the 13 articles of faith on them, well our Zone Leaders had some in Chinese so we have been giving them to the people in the Chinos (little mom and pop type stores, a lot are run by Chinese people) 
Last week we were teaching this guy who is Evangelico and he was kind of crazy. He kept contradicting himself like they all do when trying to defend their religion. But I’m sorry it’s not gonna work because there is only one perfect church on the earth... anyways as I was saying, well when we were leaving he tried to kiss Hna. Chavez on the cheek because that’s customary here. It was really funny so he ended up kissing our hands... weird but funny and awkward.  

So because I wasn’t "born" in the church, it is kind of a blessing because all the people that we teach from other religions try to use that against us. But they can’t do it to me because you and my dad weren’t married in the temple. So thanks (:  No really it’s kind of convenient because they can’t use it against me. 

We got rides from bus drivers for free two days in a row.  

We were walking in the rain and a taxi drove past and got us all wet because he drove through a huge puddle.  

I have been called gordita twice this week. In Latin culture it isn’t rude to say someone is chubby.  
 
 
 Someone braided her hair for her

Okay so we are now in the summer season here... it is SOOOOOOO hot! Which is really weird because at home it is freezing right about now. I won’t lie it doesn’t feel like December. Without snow it is still July in my brain. Which I guess is a good thing because I don’t get homesick.

 

Thanksgiving was really weird here, just a normal day. We didn’t end up having pizza... we just ate normal food. Kind of boring. 

Alyssa and Hermana Chavez
(she captioned this "us living the word of wisdom")
 
Sorry my present isn’t much better than spark plugs... So don’t send movies, I would rather just watch them when I get home because I don’t want to worry about getting them back. 

The spider was the size of a 50 cent piece. Haha (: No the bug killer didn’t hurt, well maybe my pride just a little. 

Hna. Bustamonte is our other Z Ella, so when I was with Vasquez in their area she was with Chavez in my area and she wanted to clean it. 

Tell Abby I am glad to be her sister too and that I am glad the elf came back and that I am shocked that she likes carmels. 

This week our goal was 35 and we taught exactly 35, which doesn’t seem like much but when you have to walk up and down mountains everyday it is a pretty reasonable goal, it was kind of hard, we almost didn’t do it.  

 
NO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No money!!! I want things not money!!!!! Cards not money!!! Anything except money!!!!!!! CALL THEM ALL BACK AND TELL THEM NO MONEY!°!°!° CHOCOLATE!! NOT MONEY!!! I think you get the point... Tell them to be creative, honestly a letter is perfect! (for those of you who asked and I told you money for Christmas, apparently I was wrong!)

MOM I DONT NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I find one I will buy one.  I will tell you if I need more money but for now NO!!!!  

The thing with the package is that it is probably here but I won’t get it until changes. So at this moment no I don’t have it, but I will probably have it in like 2 weeks.  

I hope I can stay with Chavez but at the same time I don’t. It is one of those things where you don’t know what to pray for so you just say okay Heavenly Father do what you will because you know more than I do. Jacob 4:10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.” 

Haha Quazie (a goose from the duck park who isn’t there anymore, Abby thinks he went to live in Panama with Alyssa) came to live in Panama... alrighty then Abby. Haha. 

I love the cards and so does my comp. And yes I use them.  (The index cards that she gets one of everyday with a quote, scripture, note from a loved one, etc.)
 
I got the paper chain, it is hanging from my ceiling

 
By the way I don’t need money!!! Just so you know...  

Okay Love you love you love you!!  

Chao for now!! 

Hug my Abby and tell her I love her and that she is the cutest little sister in the whole world.  

Tell Robert and Elizabeth to write!! Tell everyone to write!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment