Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My 1st baptism in 8 months!!!!!


 
So J. got baptized!!! (pictures to follow) It was so awesome! I could feel the spirit testifying to me that this is where I need to be, that he and I are both children of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and that I was helping someone come closer to Christ. It was awesome! He told us after that he felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders when he came out of the water. This kid has kind of become like my brother, and seriously I can tell you I love him like a little brother. he´s such a good kid and he was so prepared. The Wednesday before his baptism, we went and he had read the two pamphlets we had left with him and he was now in 2 Nefi 20! (A LOT OF MEMBERS DON'T EVEN READ TO 2 NEFI 20 SOMETIMES!!) Anyways he is my golden convert (: 

Hermana Wandell and J.

 Hermana's Wandell, Hermana B. and J.

We went to the temple on Tuesday and the missionaries from Alcalde Diaz were there and Hna. L. told me that all my converts are doing super well and are active!! 

We had interviews with President and I told him that we were going to have a baptism and that it would be my first in 8 months and his reply was "sometimes that happens and I know it wasn't from a lack of work". I am glad someone feels that way because everyone else tends to think that baptisms = success or obedience... not always the case. 

So I have been doing my personal progress again and I only have 2 experiences and 4 projects left and I will finish. (She finished it the first time before she was 16 and then she also got her honor bee, so proud of that girl!)

So Panama has really cheap shopping, just so you know... (: 

So when I get home I want to make a journal of all my letters I have written home, just in case I didn't write something in my journal. Maybe you could help me by printing them out?? (maybe she forgot who she was talking to lol)

Dear Alyssa,
I hope you are going to send me a present for my birthday. Alyssa did you know I am going to have a princess party?. Alyssa did you know I got a scooter and I like it very much and it can go super duper fast. Alyssa did you know Elder Hansen got transferred but not to a new companion but now he is back and I am glad. (she means he went on splits, she thought he got transferred transferred and she was not happy about it LOL) Love Abby to Alyssa. 

Dear Abby, I love you a lot! So I have a present for you but I don't think I will be able to send it, so you will have to wait until I get home. It will be like the present waiting for me on my bed. I am so glad you are going to have a princess party! When I come home we are gonna race on our scooters and I hope that yours isn't faster than mine, because mine is fast, but its not super duper fast... I am glad that Elder Hansen came back! I love you kiddo! Love Alyssa!!

Q. That was nice of you guys to let your investigator dress you all up. Did she like it? Do you think she will get baptized?
A. I think she will get baptized, but it will be a while. Her son is L. R. (the one who talks to you on Facebook) 

Q. I know cambios are coming, if you get transferred will you be sad to leave your area?
A. Yes I will be sad to leave. I told J. that I am probably leaving and he looked so sad, it broke my heart, and he asked me "are you going really far away?" and I told him not to worry cause I would still be in Panama and I will call him a few times to see how he is doing. I want you to meet him. He is such a good kid! he´s 15.

Q. I can't wait to hear all about J. I am so happy for you guys. How did the baptism go? I didn't even know about him only the lady in the orange house. How did you find him? How long have you been teaching him?
Q. J. lives with a member, he was a reference. We have been teaching him for like 6 weeks. 


Q. So now there is no transfer meeting how do you find out if you are getting transferred? And where you go? 
A. We get an email that says if we have transfers or not and where we go if we do. 

 Tell grandpa that I have decided that they should come be temple missionaries in Panama!! It is so awesome here they would love it!

 All is well Here. I miss you! Bye I love you! Hug my Abby please!
Hna. Wandell

No comments:

Post a Comment